I was reading an article over on a popular Las Vegas website called Vital Vegas. It mentions the 20 Best Things To Do In Vegas. This is my list of Five Free Things To Do In Vegas According To A Local.
On Vital Vegas’s website, number one should have been High Roller Sex.
To me, that’s a no-brainer. I happen to know the guy who runs the site. So I feel like I can say that without the course of retaliation.
His article got me thinking. What are my five favorite things to do in Las Vegas?
Three years ago would have put the Bellagio Conservatory at the top of my list. That place is usually the first thing tourist learn about when traveling to Vegas.
It is beautiful and they make sure that every flower in the place is fresh. If it’s not, they change the flowers out.
Disclaimer: Nothing in life is ever free. You may need to get a ride to these locations. I suggest Uber instead of a Las Vegas taxi cab. You could save $10 each way and pay for drinks at these locations. Assuming drinks are $5 each.
You’re not going to want to drive and park anytime soon as some hotels in Las Vegas are planning on charging to park in their structures. Yeah, you read that right.
The 5 Best Five Free Things in Vegas
- People Watching on Fremont Street Experience. If you are looking for the best place in Las Vegas to Photobomb and people watch, I don’t know what beats this location. Seriously.
- Lake of Dreams at the Wynn Las Vegas. Grab a cocktail at Parasol Down and enjoy the show. Runs nightly, every half hour beginning at dusk until 11:30 p.m.
- Show in the sky at the Hotel Rio. It’s very easy to find and they even throw Mardi Gras beads. The show closed at the end of 2013.
- CBS Television City Research Center inside of the famous MGM Hotel and Casino. I, one day, wish to be on T.V. This is a great way to learn about the vast history.
- Open Air Concerts at Carnival Court in front of Harrah’s Las Vegas. I’ve seen some amazing bands play including ClockWork. This band features the former lead singer of the band “The Higher“. His name is Seth Trotter and he’s amazing.
Why these are the best five free things to do in Las Vegas
People watching is by far the best free thing that you can do in Las Vegas. Especially for the young ones. That’s why it’s on the top of my Five Free Things list.
I grew up in Reno, NV. It’s a fairly secluded city that didn’t see a lot of tourists.
Mostly because the tourists were up at Lake Tahoe or Virginia City. When I moved to Las Vegas, it was a huge change of pace for me. The sidewalks on the Strip were filled with people from all over the world.
I headed down to Fremont St. and there I found the best place to photobomb. I’d guess that a Billion pictures are taken every month. So the chances of being in at least five random photo albums (Facebook Albums) is very likely.
Valentines day was just a couple of weeks ago. The Lake of Dreams is a very romantic place to take your date for the first, or possibly second, time. Drink prices are a tad bit high. I’ll give you that. I know this is supposed to be a list of Five Free things to do in Vegas. The show is free. I never said drinks would be.
However, look at your date. Aren’t they worth a ver hundred dollars in drinks?
Don’t answer that.
I’m Kidding. You’ll probably spend about $45.00.
Maybe your date is a little on the wild side? That’s where Carnival Court and the Show in the sky come in. I’ve gone on dates where some have flashed their naughty bits at the entertainers to get some Mardi Gras beads and free drinks.
I love television. Dan Rather and Larry King are a few of my idols. Those two men have broken more news and interviewed some of the world’s biggest stars, than anyone else. Maybe not more that Opera and Barbara Walters.
However, I didn’t dream of being a female news anchor. So there’s that.
The CBS Television City Research Center is full of rich information and they have some equipment there that will truly blow your mind. It’s also a great place to get the latest Big Bang Theory Sheldon Cooper T-Shirt.
I know what you’re thinking. Yes, I have two. One in Red and one in Black. Bazinga!